Danja Higuera is an Associate Attorney at Ritter Halliday LLP. She focuses her practice on employment-based immigration for scientists, physicians and university professors. Her areas of expertise include H-1B and O-1 visas, J-1 waivers, EB-1 and EB-2 petitions and PERM labor certifications. She is also experienced in family-based immigration, removal defense and asylum law.
Ms. Higuera holds a Master’s Degree in International Relations from American University and a Juris Doctor degree from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. She is admitted to the practice of law in the State of Ohio.
Ms. Higuera is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and frequently volunteers with the Cleveland Legal Aid Society, particularly in immigration matters.
She is fluent in Spanish, Italian and Albanian, and proficient in French.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- J.D., cum laude, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2009
- M.A., International Relations, American University, 2004
- B.A., cum laude, International Relations, American University, 2003
Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)