Brian J. Halliday is a founder and partner with Ritter Halliday LLP, based in Cleveland, Ohio. Mr. Halliday is a graduate of Ohio University (B. Sc. Comm.), and earned his Juris Doctor degree from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. He has practiced U.S. immigration and nationality law since 2001, having started his career in the field in 1994. He was an associate and partner with a well-respected Midwest immigration boutique before establishing The Law Offices of Brian J. Halliday, Inc. in January 2009.
Mr. Halliday’s practice is focused on immigration and nationality law matters for major corporations, closely-held businesses, international executives, scientists, professionals, and their families. The practice includes immigrant investor matters, as well as administrative, litigated and appellate matters for employers and individuals. Mr. Halliday also provides advice and consultation to employers on Form I-9 compliance in both M&A and operational contexts.
His professional memberships include the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the British-American Chamber of Commerce, the French-American Chamber of Commerce, and North Coast Entrepreneurs. Mr. Halliday is admitted to the practice of law in the State of Ohio, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and before all Federal immigration agencies and courts nationwide.
Also, he is BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, a highly respected designation in the field, reflecting Brian’s legal abilities and adherence to ethical standards.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2000
- B.S., Ohio University, 1989
Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Former Chair, AILA Committee on Unauthorized Practice of Law, Ohio Chapter
- Federal Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Greater Cleveland International Lawyers Group
- Northeast Ohio International Business Network
- Northcoast Entrepreneurs
- British American Chamber of Commerce (Northern Ohio)
- French American Chamber of Commerce (Northern Ohio)
- Beachwood Chamber of Commerce
- Solon Chamber of Commerce