Family Based Immigration and Citizenship

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Family-Based Immigration and Citizenship

Nonimmigrant Visa Matters

Ritter Halliday LLP is ready to assist temporary visitors, workers, and their families in obtaining nonimmigrant visas, changing status, or applying for extensions of stay in the United States.

In addition to providing assistance in applying for employment-based nonimmigrant visas, we also provide the following nonimmigrant services for non-workers:

  • Visitors for business or pleasure
  • Students
  •  Trainees, interns, cultural exchange and other exchange visitors
  • Spouses and fiancés or fiancées of United States citizens

Pursuing lawful permanent residence for individuals and families

We keep families together by guiding relatives through the multifaceted immigration processes required to obtain lawful permanent residence, or “green card” status.

Eligibility for Lawful Permanent Residence can be based upon any one of a number of “preferences,” among them relationships to certain permanent resident or U.S. citizen family members already in the U.S.. Different preferences carry with them greatly varying processing times.

United States Citizens may petition for the following relatives:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried children of any age
  • Married children of any age
  • Parents
  • Siblings

Lawful Permanent Residents may petition for the following relatives:

  • Spouse
  • Children

Citizenship Counsel for Families and Individuals

Our team is experienced in complex naturalization matters and claims to U.S. citizenship.
Naturalization is the process by which the United States awards citizenship to foreign nationals who have successfully fulfilled specific requirements in the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Ritter Halliday LLP guides foreign nationals through the naturalization process.

Generally, you may qualify for naturalization if:

  • You have been a permanent resident for at least five years and meet all other eligibility requirements,
  • You are the spouse of a U.S. citizen and have been a permanent resident for three years or more, and meet all eligibility requirement, or
  • You have qualifying service in the U.S. Armed Forces and meet all other eligibility requirements.

If you are already a citizen, or believe you may have a claim to U.S. citizenship, the firm can also assist you in obtaining evidence of your citizenship.

Get diligent and knowledgeable representation from an experienced immigration lawyer through all stages of the immigration and naturalization process.